Search This Blog

Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Week Well Spent

By Dr. C. Mather, of Boston, in New-England.

It was constantly one of the first thoughts in a morning of this very successful minister, 'What good may I do to day?' He resolved this question into the following particulars:

1. His question for the Lord's day morning constantly was, What shall I do, as a pastor of a church, for the good of the flock under my charge?

2. For Monday, What shall I do for the good of my own family?

3. For Tuesday, What good shall I do for my relations abroad? Sometimes he changed it for another, namely, What good shall I do to my enemies? And how shall I overcome evil with good?

4. For Wednesday, What shall I do for the churches of the Lord, and the more general interests of religion in the world?

6. For Thursday, What good may I do in the several societies to which I am related?

6. For Friday, What special subjects of affliction,and objects of compassion, may I take under my particular care? And what shall I do for them?

7. For Saturday, What more have I to do for the interest of God in my own heart and life?

No comments:

Post a Comment